Lynchburg College has acquired a reputation as an institution that offers quality educational opportunities while building the character and leadership ability of its students.
Our students, campus leaders, faculty, and coaches regularly receive awards and recognition for their achievements.
- Is one of only two Virginia colleges, and 40 nationwide, to be included in Colleges That Change Lives by Loren Pope, former education editor of The New York Times
- Was twice selected as one of 100 colleges nationwide for the John Templeton Foundation's Honor Roll of Character-Building Colleges
- Is ranked by U.S. News & World Report in the top tier of southern colleges and universities offering a full range of undergraduate and master's degree programs in the "Best Regional Universities" category
- Is featured on the Princeton Review website as a "Best in the Southeast" college and selected for inclusion in The Princeton Review College Guide, The Best 378 Colleges: 2014 Edition
- Ranked well above the national average of U.S. colleges and universities in student engagement, according to the 2010 National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE)
- Is listed on the G.I. Jobs magazine's "Military Friendly Schools" for its effort to "embrace America's veterans as students"
- Is one of 60 institutions nationwide selected to participate in the Bonner Leaders Program sponsored by the Corella and Bertram F. Bonner Foundation
- Is on the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. About 700 students contributed nearly 71,000 hours of community service in 2011-12
- Is ranked as a top Virginia college for return on investment by Affordable Colleges Online